Piper Communications was engaged to work with the Innov865 Alliance to coordinate a week-long event designed to showcase Knoxville as a destination for entrepreneurs to start and grow businesses. Innov865 Week has become an annual event.
Piper worked with the Innov865 Alliance to achieve the week-long event’s objectives. Piper provided turnkey event support that included media relations, event logistics and planning, speaker preparation, material development, and overall marketing and promotion.
- More than 1,700 startups, entrepreneurs, investors, business leaders, students, makers and community leaders attended 21 events that showcased why East Tennessee is a great place for entrepreneurs to start and grow a business over the course of 5 days in Knoxville.
- Jenna Johns with RDI Technologies received the 2017 Innov865 Traction Award, presented by UT Federal Credit Union.
- Smart RIA’s Mac Bartine won the Startup Day 2017 Judge’s Choice Prize of $10,000, presented by the Innov865 Alliance.
- SkyNano Technologies’ Anna Douglas won the Startup Day 2017 Crowd Favorite Prize of $5,000, presented by SunTrust Bank.
- Social media reach: More than 226 tweets during the time frame leading up to and following Innov865 Week with the hashtag #Innov865, including 647,900 timeline deliveries, 82 contributors and 244,100 individuals receiving timeline deliveries of #Innov865 messages.
- Innov865 Week was covered by multiple media outlets including Knoxville News-Sentinel, Knoxville Business Journal, Inside of Knoxville, Channel 6 WATE-TV, Volunteer TV WVLT-TV, WBIR-TV 10, NewsTalk 98.7, the Oak Ridger, Startup Southerner, and Teknovation.biz.
- Produced and coordinated the Elevator Sessions video-series with WATE 6 On Your Side showcasing six East Tennessee startups competing to win up to $15,000 to grow their business.
- Charlie Brock, CEO of Launch Tennessee and Mark Montgomery, Entrepreneur/Investor/Change Agent discussed Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.